You may have noticed more and more shipping containers being used as temporary storage solutions on construction sites, at business, and even at many residences. You may have also seen them being used as offices, retail shops or even as homes. Storage Containers (also sometimes referred to as “Conex Boxes”, “Shipping Containers”, “PODS”, or “those metal box thingys”) have become a popular building material, and are an economical storage solution for construction, business and private purposes.
Although there are many options available, Storage Containers normally some in two standard lengths – 20 feet and 40 feet. At JMO Modular, we refer to these as:
20 footers (8 feet wide, 8 feet 6” tall, and 20 feet long)
40 footers (8 feet wide, 8 feet 6” tall, and 40 feet long.)
We also have some “hi-cube” containers (9’6” tall instead of 8’’6” tall).
Most of the units we offer are “Standard” units (meaning one operable cargo door on one of the short sides), but we also have some “Double Door” (meaning an operable cargo door on each short side) and “Side Loads” (meaning one operable cargo door on a short side, and two operable cargo doors on one of the long sides.)
And if that isn’t confusing enough, you need to consider container grades. In general, when we at JMO Modular talk about container grades, we mean this:
- Best quality units on the market – used one time in transit between Asia and the US.
- Units have been inspected and deemed worthy to be used in international maritime shipping.
- No defects or damage that would threaten its’ integrity or ability to be used for transporting cargo around the globe.
- Good shape structurally, and most of the time are in superior shape cosmetically.
- Superior to Wind and Watertight
Wind and Watertight
- Most economical container available and is generally weather proof and varmint proof.
- These containers have been retired by the shipping line so they do show a good amount of wear and tear.
- If cosmetics is not an issue and you just need secure weatherproof storage, this is a great choice.
At JMO Modular, we lease and sell storage containers. Delivery charges in either event depend upon your distance from our location, and expect to pay sales tax if you purchase a container.
Storage Containers are secure and versatile. Call us and we can create a solution for your storage issues. #JMOCANDOIT.